Welcome to aaron chua make money blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. In this part of my world, I talked about how to achieve financial freedom by learning how to make money online through creating sites and earning from them.

Below are some current and past make money projects that details my learning journey.

My current experiment in making 50 amazon site niches. If you have not been following this challenge, best place to start is this resource page for the amazon challenge, that lists all the articles that I have written so far.

My experiment in making 1000 a month through adsense in 9 months.

If you came here looking for low cost startup ideas, here are 140 startup ideas that you can browse through.


Friday 29 August 2008

Any blogs to recommend?

I have struggling these days to find really interesting startup materials to read. So, I thought I should do a post describing why some of my favourite blogs are not satisfying my reading needs:

BubbleGeneration: This blog haven't been the same since Umair Haque went to start the Harvard Media Lab and the related Harvard Discussion Blog. While the insights at Harvard are still sharp, the frequency is not high and lack the directness of posts such as this.

ParkParadigm: Fantastic read for anyone who thinks markets are the way that many industries will be organised in the future. If you like exploring new forms of markets such as carbon, weather, mobile and their related technologies, this is the blog for you. Unfortunately, the author is busy with his new venture and I foresee a slowdown in the posting frequency. However, I am still enjoying his Tumblr blog, which I hope he can add more comments to what he posts.

BuzzMachine: Jeff Javier talks about networks and platforms in great understanding. He will inspire you to rethink how networks and platforms can transform from your industry. His book is taking a lot of his time now, which explains why I am not getting any good reading from there.

AVC: The only consistent blog is fortunately still consistent in its frequency. In terms of content, not all posts are appealing to me but most of them are.

So, if you have any good reads, please recommend them in the comments section.

Update: Laserlike is a blog from a VC about startup ideas. It is a new discovery and has been a great read so far.