Welcome to aaron chua make money blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. In this part of my world, I talked about how to achieve financial freedom by learning how to make money online through creating sites and earning from them.

Below are some current and past make money projects that details my learning journey.

My current experiment in making 50 amazon site niches. If you have not been following this challenge, best place to start is this resource page for the amazon challenge, that lists all the articles that I have written so far.

My experiment in making 1000 a month through adsense in 9 months.

If you came here looking for low cost startup ideas, here are 140 startup ideas that you can browse through.


Tuesday 13 May 2008

Idea generation #27: Opportunities in new communication platform

The communication market is expanding. Users now have the option to use anything from s Text Messaging, Instant Messaging, Skyping et al (synchronous communication) to Blogs, Twitter et al (asynchronous public communication) to email, private comments on blog et al (asynchronous private communication).

As we line up each of these communication tools, we can see that many of them will evolve beyond their communication purposes. Foundry Group Blog, for example, talks about email and says how it can evolved to social networks and know management. Personally, I have also used Twitter as a news aggregator by reading the links of those I followed, although I do not have a Twitter account.

As these different purposes evolve, I believe there will be opportunities for startups to build applications that integrate with these communication platforms. Xobni for example has a great product revealing your email's social network to the user.

So what I have done below is to map out the communications platforms vs the different purposes they can evolve to. This is a work in progress. I will trying to fill the names in the coming weeks to see if there are any more opportunities left!



Social Graphs
Media Aggregation
Collaboration Tools
Document Storage
Marketing
Contact Management
Emails
Xobni




ClearContext
Social networks






Instant messaging






Text messaging






Blogs






Microblogs






Comments













0 comments: