Welcome to aaron chua make money blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. In this part of my world, I talked about how to achieve financial freedom by learning how to make money online through creating sites and earning from them.

Below are some current and past make money projects that details my learning journey.

My current experiment in making 50 amazon site niches. If you have not been following this challenge, best place to start is this resource page for the amazon challenge, that lists all the articles that I have written so far.

My experiment in making 1000 a month through adsense in 9 months.

If you came here looking for low cost startup ideas, here are 140 startup ideas that you can browse through.


Monday 17 August 2009

SEO tips: "for beginner" keywords

The SEO tip I like a lot is choosing the keywords which contains "for beginners". Why is that important? Well, it is simple: beginners are ad clickers. That is the SEO tip.

When you are a beginner, you are open to learning things. Your mind is in state of search for information. I was in this state when I first began my niche blogging. I was always looking out to what SEO tips to learn. In fact, I often googled for these terms:

best seo tips
top seo tips etc

When I was in this state, anything I saw that was evenly remotely interesting, even if it is an ad, I would click it to find out more. That is how beginners are. This is why they make a great niche to target for ads.

However, I am not saying we should just focus on beginners only. In fact, the next SEO tip is this: use the "for beginners" term as a beachhead to start penetrating into other related terms. That is how you expand from a dominating a keyword to an entire niche.

Let me illustrate with an example. Let say I am interested in strength training. Rather than, focusing on strength training right from the start, I would use "for beginners" instead. That means my initial keyword would be:

strength training for beginners


Once I have managed to get into the first page for this term, I will start getting traffic from people who are ad clickers. Their volume might be low but boy, do they click. This is a good start to get your revenue going , right off the bat, rather than having to work on your niche blog for a few months without seeing any money. (consider this another SEO tip).

The next step is interesting. You can start to expand into other related terms by focusing on other similar keywords such as:

baseball strength training
for beginners or
soccer strength training for beginners

Doing so will immediate create additional targeted traffic for your niche, which in turn brings you more ad revenue. That is how to expand from a keyword to a niche.

Hope you find this particular SEO tip to be useful.