Welcome to aaron chua make money blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. In this part of my world, I talked about how to achieve financial freedom by learning how to make money online through creating sites and earning from them.

Below are some current and past make money projects that details my learning journey.

My current experiment in making 50 amazon site niches. If you have not been following this challenge, best place to start is this resource page for the amazon challenge, that lists all the articles that I have written so far.

My experiment in making 1000 a month through adsense in 9 months.

If you came here looking for low cost startup ideas, here are 140 startup ideas that you can browse through.


Thursday 23 April 2009

Who wants to create a MyTopLinks with me?

Dave Winer has quietly created a very powerful service called TopLinks. It is a service that enables individual author to submit links, which are then voted by the community to determine how they rank. The author is the only one who can do the submissions, hence controlling the quality of the news.

I think this is a very elegant model. In effect, it has the curation ability of an editor while being able to tap on the wisdom of crowds. The resulting page is a personalised Techmeme, one which can be shaped by any author.

Toplinks is a solution for the Twitter attention problems that we are experiencing. It has effectively transform information flows into attention markets. That is a really powerful value proposition.

I really love this concept and has some ideas on taking it to the next level. So, I am asking if there is any developer out there who want to try this project with me. I am willing to put in some seed money to kick start this. I think this will be fun. Contact me if you are keen :)

Related readings:
My new news page (Dave Winer)
Links of Twitter, day 3 (Dave Winer)
Progress in the 40-twits app (Dave Winer)