Welcome to aaron chua make money blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. In this part of my world, I talked about how to achieve financial freedom by learning how to make money online through creating sites and earning from them.

Below are some current and past make money projects that details my learning journey.

My current experiment in making 50 amazon site niches. If you have not been following this challenge, best place to start is this resource page for the amazon challenge, that lists all the articles that I have written so far.

My experiment in making 1000 a month through adsense in 9 months.

If you came here looking for low cost startup ideas, here are 140 startup ideas that you can browse through.


Friday 3 April 2009

My startup journey with GameRenkei

I have been pretty active advising a startup we funded called GameRenkei. It is an idea that I am fond of and something that I thought was worth my time. However, as we progressed through the product development stages, things started to be undone. It was heartaching to watch something so promising fell apart.

The first thing we didn't expect was the fall off of the development team. The technical brains behind the team left and the business guys were stuck with an unfinish product. They did what they could, mainly through outsourcing but it was never going to replace the people who left. That is why I always believe in having technical competence for a web startup.

Once we were stuck with an outsource partner, everything changes. Costs escalated and features were cut to bring the expenses within the budget. The original idea was discarded. What replaced it was simply a casual game site. However, to give credit to the team, they stuck it out. Even with the troubles they have, they still manage to get a product out and I have high respect for that.

I still believe in what they originally wanted to do. I hope some success comes their way and they can bootstrap their way to their dream.