Welcome to aaron chua make money blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. In this part of my world, I talked about how to achieve financial freedom by learning how to make money online through creating sites and earning from them.

Below are some current and past make money projects that details my learning journey.

My current experiment in making 50 amazon site niches. If you have not been following this challenge, best place to start is this resource page for the amazon challenge, that lists all the articles that I have written so far.

My experiment in making 1000 a month through adsense in 9 months.

If you came here looking for low cost startup ideas, here are 140 startup ideas that you can browse through.


Tuesday 3 April 2012

How much money can you make online - Income report 4

March was a nightmare for me. There was some idiot hacker who got into 2 of my hosts and installed some scripts that redirected all traffic to their sides. Google immediately flagged all the sites on these 2 hosts as having security risks. Needless to say, my traffic died and I was in fire fighting mode most of the time.

Here is what caused the hack:

"The loophole was in the timthumb.php file, which is a script commonly used in WordPress's (and other software's) themes and plugins to resize images. The exploit allows an attacker to arbitrarily upload and create files and/or folders on your account, which can then be used for a number of malicious tasks, including but not limited to defacement, browser high-jacking and infection, data harvesting and more.  After a site has been exploited, it may lead to becoming labeled a "Malicious Website" by Google or other security authorities. Any timthumb.php file below version 1.35, but above version 1.09 is considered vulnerable, unless patched"

My father in law also had an car accident last week. My wife and I had to rush back to Malaysia every night to see him. That also reduced the time I had for Internet marketing. Overall, it was a super unproductive month for me. Let's see how my income did shall we?

(By the way, you can check out the rest of my income reports here)

Making better affiliate niche sites

A side note: the amazon challenge is not dead! I am just trying to redo the sites to give them a purpose, rather than just making me money. I am also trying to make them more pretty because I discovered that the more beautiful my sites are, the more I want to care for them and create good content. Also, it creates a collector's mentality as I want to 'collect' as many nice sites as I can. Who wants to have a collection of ugly sites? :p

Such changes create a very nice virtuous cycle but it does take a lot of my time since I possess the most horrible design skills among everyone in the IM niche. : )

So, if you are waiting to see an update, it is coming soon. More of my niches will be revealed! LOL

Adsense Income Report: USD622

The same earnings. Nothing much to add except that I have not touched this site for more than 6 months and it is still splitting out money even though it has been affected by Panda 2.6. Say what you may, there is still nothing better than making niche sites and collecting money.

Skimlink Income Report: USD113

After being banned by Amazon for my carelessness, I have converted the amazon links to skimlinks. This was a long process as I have so many amazon sites to change, including those from the amazon niche sites challenge. In fact, I am still not done yet due to the lack of time.

Anyway, the income has falled quite significantly due to the hack and the conversion to skimlinks. I am hoping to see a much better April.

Private Ads Income Report: USD1,700

A super big jump in my private ads income. Although the money is great, I don't expect this to continue every month. Private ads are not as consistent as adsense or amazon unless you manage to secure a monthly contract. Unfortunately, most of my contracts are yearly so there is no telling whether I will be making the same amount next month.

Total Income: USD2,435

Overall, I am not very happy with the income composition. I liked skimlinks and adsense to be bringing in at least 2K and private ads to be 1k, not the other way around. I hope my efforts in building my amazon sites will lead to a greater increase as we progress further in the year. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron! And what do you think about media.net? Can we compare it to adsense?

aaronchua said...

Yes and no. It all comes down to the niche. After months of testing, I finally have some good data on which niche is suitable for media.net.

Thanks for the comment!