Welcome to aaron chua make money blog

Hi, welcome to my blog. In this part of my world, I talked about how to achieve financial freedom by learning how to make money online through creating sites and earning from them.

Below are some current and past make money projects that details my learning journey.

My current experiment in making 50 amazon site niches. If you have not been following this challenge, best place to start is this resource page for the amazon challenge, that lists all the articles that I have written so far.

My experiment in making 1000 a month through adsense in 9 months.

If you came here looking for low cost startup ideas, here are 140 startup ideas that you can browse through.


Saturday 14 February 2009

Idea nuggets from the Web

Ideas can be found anywhere. From blogs to comments to Twits. Here are some of the interesting ideas I have read for today:

I'd like something similar, but with a personalization layer that compares my past lifestream activity to my friends new activity and surfaces the stuff that's most relevant to my interests... as opposed to FriendFeed, which just spews everything at me in an overwhelming mess. I was working on a project in this area earlier this year, but lost my developer. I'm still convinced it's a killer concept.

Originally posted as a comment by Joe Lazarus on This is going to be BIG! using Disqus.

******************************

ethanb:
Wikipedia is nothing if not a platform for a ton of other businesses to be built on top.
I can imagine a great business that’s more or less the “VeriSign mark for Wikpedia articles”. Would be an easy way for volunteer editors to make a buck, too, if they peer produce the business ;-)


***********************************

I guess I have to respond since you called me out :)

Mark MacLeod wrote about the "era of the small exit" a couple weeks ago; what we're seeing is the result of what happens when people can create products (or even businesses?) based on creating new "skins of data" on top of platforms using public APIs.

As I commented on his site:

Not only might the M&A market might become an efficient hiring market for talent and products, but finding and executing the right acquisitions and partnerships sooner and quicker might become a more important core competence than planning and executing product extension development.


From an investor standpoint, I wonder if there is more value in funding the "skins of data" or the "platforms of data"?

I don't think that the same investor will fund multiple skins of data on a shared platform; it creates too many conflicts of interest and consolidates the investment dollars into a single platform.

Twitter enables exchanges of value through facilitating, capturing, archiving and discovering communications, transactions, information and people. That's the value capture strategy; but that's not a new perspective :)


Originally posted as a comment by Taylor Davidson on Ethan Bauley Dot Com using Disqus.